The ecemploy website is New Zealand’s only tailored early childhood education online job board for those wishing to work in the early childhood education sector, whether you are looking for your ideal teaching or administrative position. ecemploy provides you with an easy-to-use, free and flexible tool to find jobs anywhere in New Zealand. Vacancies in any part of the early childhood education sector can be found on this website. Ecemploy was created to make it easier for teachers and others involved in the early childhood education sector to connect with employers who are searching for highly qualified and eager employees.
The following information outlines the services and benefits ecemploy provides early childhood education job-seekers.
Job Seeker Services
Ecemploy provides job seekers with a number of services. There are two general types of services accessible via ecemploy. Some of the services are readily accessible, which require no registration or login process, while others require job seekers to register via a quick and confidential process.
Readily Accessible Services
The following services are easily accessible by job seekers who simply visit ecemploy. There are no costs to access the following:
- Browse Jobs
With a couple of clicks, browse job opportunities in different regions. Click on a region's link to view all the employers.
- Search Jobs
Via ecemploy's easy-to-use job search form, users of the site can quickly find the job that best suits their experience, qualifications and interest.
- Research Employers
Users can view all jobs posted by a single employer and acquire valuable information about the employer. Their listings can also contain links back to the employer's own web page, so further research can be conducted by the job seeker.
The following services are accessible to job seekers upon registering with ecemploy. There is no cost to register!
- Resume Upload
Job Seekers can upload their own resume documents or fill out ecemploy's form resume. This resume will then be made available to subscribing employers to search and view.
- Apply for Jobs
Each job posting provides details on how to apply for jobs posted. Read and follow the instructions on each posting and submit your application for consideration.
- Blue Book on-line Teacher Certification, PD and Appraisal resource
Ecemploy gives job-seekers the opportunity to subscribe to the ECC’s Blue Book on-line for their professional development, career planning and appraisal needs. The Blue Book on-line is:
- an effective e-portfolio system to reflect and inquire on your professional practice against the Practicing Teacher’s Criteria and Tataiako (Cultural Competencies)
- a planning tool to set your future professional development objectives and track your progress; and
- an appraisal tool that pulls all the essential information together to make appraisals more straight forward.
Subscribe to the Blue Book on-line via the ecemploy website to receive a special discount on your first year! Please contact us for more information.
In order to create a better picture of a job seeker's credentials, registered applicants can create a personal electronic profile. This profile will be searchable by employers as well as become an attachment to any jobs that candidate applies to online, provided the privacy setting has been set accordingly and the profile matches a listed vacancy.
- Cover Letter Upload
To ensure registered job seekers can submit a complete application package to employers, they can upload their own cover letter along with a resume, which can then be attached to any application via ecemploy’s Apply Online function.
- ecemploy Alert Notification
By registering, job seekers can create an "ecemploy alert" email notification whereby job seekers can select the type of job they are looking for. When new jobs are added to ecemploy, those job seekers will receive an e-mail that lists the new jobs.
- Apply Online
Employers have the option to accept applications directly from ecemploy’s database. When you see an "Apply Online" button on a job opportunity, this is an indicator that job seekers can submit their cover letter and resume they have posted in ecemploy's database.
- View listings by employer
Job seekers can view all jobs offered by a single employer.
- E-Newsletters & Publications
Upon registering with ecemploy, job seekers can sign-up for informative electronic newsletters. These publications provide valuable information on ecemploy's services, resources and employment opportunities found on the site. These are opt-in newsletters.
Features of ecemploy
- Search, browse and apply to educational employment opportunities from around New Zealand.
- Absolutely FREE to browse, search and apply to jobs posted by subscribing employers.
- No cost to upload your resume, cover letter and other documents.
- Receive notices of new jobs posted on ecemploy through subscribing to an e-mail alert.
- Regular updates on new employment opportunities, education news, professional development opportunities and conferences through email alerts and regular e-publications
- The first tailored early childhood education job-seekers’ website in New Zealand!